Tuesday, May 1, 2012

366 Journal and other stuff

It's that time again; time to post our pages for Kate's challenge.  On the ball this month!  After adding the fairies I thought I'd just add a few toadstools but then decided to do them all along the bottom - I preferred it when there were only a few.  Same with the tiny flowers, initially was only going to add a few but then added more.  The pages looked better with less toadstools and flowers but I thought it would be too much faffing to try to fix it.  The colours for May look too wishy-washy here, the background is PaperArtsy Fresco Haystack and Crushed Olive Distress Ink.






I went to the Stitch & Creative Craft show at Aintree Racecourse, Liverpool last Friday with a couple of friends and met up with 2 other friends there.  I didn't buy a lot as we went to a big show at the NEC in March and I spent enough there.  I couldn't resist the fairy stamps even though I was adamant I wasn't going to buy any more of Tracey's (Lavinia Stamps) beautiful stamps.  Are you a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde character when it comes to crafting?  I am.  I love grunge, steampunk and the like and lots of detail but I also like plain and simple and not so much cutesy but pretty; I love fairies.  At shows Tracey does lots of demos and she had some beautiful cards on display.  I don't make as many cards or do as much stamping as I used to as I'm doing a lot more needlework, but was inspired to use my Lavinia stamps to make a birthday card.





At the craft group I go to in Brighouse once a month we sometimes have a challenge.  Last month it was to do a challenge we found online (not to enter the challenge but to make something using the theme from the challenge).  I made this tag which I'd previously done the background on using monoprinting.  The theme of the challenge I liked was to use a mask.  I think you may just about be able to see a button mask I used towards the top lefthand corner.

16 comments:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Lou, wow you have been so busy! What a wonderful collection of makes, so love all of the colours, they are all so inspirational! Thanks for sharing, hoping you are well? hugs Heidi xxx

Sandra Hall said...

Hey Anne, how you doing? Pages look great - I like the colour scheme for May and also like how you stamped the fairy over the journal blocks :D

Linda Kunsman said...

I see your love of fairies and may they sprinkle their magic on you the lovely month of May!

Monica said...

love plain and simple and some fairies. My current favorite stamps are from Stampotique (http://www.stampotique.com/)
by Dennis Torrence. I love his Spiky
your stamp is very interesting. I like the calendar/journal great idea

JoZart Designs said...

Great to hear from you again and see your lovely creations. We seem to be trains in the night! I could have gone again to Aintree on Friday as I was offered another ticket and would have gone if I'd know you'd be there! Then we are in Manchester tomorrow and you'd just been! ONE DAY!!
You are still welcome to come here too!
Love Jo x

krisandkreate said...

Lovely fresh pages, and the fairies are great :)

ally said...

love the fairy stamp x

Unknown said...

The weather here is awful too, and im with the same talk talk dont know how many times I have phoned them, my year is up in august dont think i will be using them again, as for your pages fantastic luv the fairies I can see why you couldnt resist them, the card is beautiful great colours.
Chris x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad to see your blog post and this month's calendar pages. I thought the amount of flowers was just right in the April pages. Your calendar looks a LOT better than mine.

I also feel a bit Jekyll and Hyde at times. My art is often all over the place. It was fun seeing this darling fairy both on the card AND your May page.

As for asking what I wear instead of undies, the answer is NOTHING (grin).

sara j said...

Tee hee...I know Jekyelland Mr Hyde, although I'd never thought of it that way. How I like to craft is not necessarily what my house looks like - that's for sure. I love the fairy stamp and your composition for May. The toad stools look like the perfect addition. Happy May!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Very pretty pages. I like the fairies in your May pages.

patcrafts said...

Great pages for the art calendar, I love May with the fairies and toadstools.Lots of gorgeous art work showing in this post.xx

Lynette (NZ) said...

May is very pretty - unexpected combination of colours that really works.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your pages Anne, you can never have too many of those gorgeous toadstools. I bought my first Lavinia stamps last Autumn at Happy Stampers and think I may just have to have more when I go next week! Your card is absolutely beautiful. Chrisx

Kathleen said...

Blooming heck Anne, what's got into you, I go away for a couple of weeks and you go mad, brilliant set of creations, love the bird, is it a Liver Bird, lol.

Kath x

thekathrynwheel said...

Love your calendar pages and actually i like all the toadstools and flowers! Well done for keeping up with the calendar - only the hardcore calendar journalers are left in now LOL!