Saturday, December 3, 2011

365 Journal and other stuff

I tried to be early with my posting but for some reason I couldn't upload the pics from my camera on Thursday.  Luckily it worked ok today.  November's completed.  December's pages are a bit messy looking but I like them.  Check out Kate's blog for more info.


I made a fabric house a couple of weeks ago; I used mountboard as the base.  I added some wadding under the fabric, and the inside is lined with felt.














The birds aren't finished yet, they won't be having legs, but I'll most likely put ribbon on to hang them up.  The threads you can see on the face mark the position for the eyes (had to put some masking tape underneath to help them stand.
Yesterday was our monthly playday in Sheffield.  Most of us made a wreath and they all turned out really well thanks to Jill's tutoring (no blog for Jill).  Mine's changed slightly as it had a red raffia bow on yesterday but DD didn't like it so I made one out of hessian.  I've had to hang it on the wall as I don't see any easy way to hang it on a UPVC door. 
Here's a link to the rest of them Ann

17 comments:

Jill said...

Great pages - love the little house.

Unknown said...

Great pages and i love the colours very festive x

McMGrad89 said...

You are a woman of many talents. I enjoyed seeing all of your projects!

Lynette (NZ) said...

Lovely splattery December pages. Your fabric house is cool.

Unknown said...

Hello stranger ahhhh gorgeous birdies and your wreath is beautiful as is your little house great colours, I started a class yesterday so making a runner for my table in crazy patchwork.
Chris x

Kathleen said...

What a great set of projects, some stunning items here Anne, the wreath is fab and the pages are great, cute birds and I don't know how you have the patience to do the house.

Kath x

Julia Dunnit said...

The wreath is wonderful - I think the hessian is a touch of clever, for sure! Well done indeed on the 365..it's a real accomplishment, really like these pages.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Very pretty calendars. I really like the red/gold in December.

Sandra Hall said...

Lovely pages Anne and your fabric house is cute! The wreath is fabulous - I like the swap of Hessian too, adds to the real natural look :D x

flutterbycrafter said...

Love your November page, very apt and December is really looking festive. The fabric house is brilliant and the hessian bow certainly shows off your wreath. I've had to put mine on the wall too xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think I like this bow better, too. I also like how you were able to turn the wreath upside down from where it was in the original photo.

I like messy pages, and yours look so much like Christmas is definitely on its way, colors and all.

Those are cute little birds. I am always so in awe of your sewing skills!

patcrafts said...

Great projects on your blog, wreath looks good, mine is still in the garage. I like December page there is no such thing as messy it's ART.XX

thekathrynwheel said...

Great calendar pages. Thanks for joining the challenge and well done for keeping up all year! What an achievement! Didn't we do well? Maybe next year?!
Love your little cloth house and birds too.You always have such a variety of crafts to show on your blog. The wreath making playdate looked like fun - I saw the photos on another blog! Kate x

Tracey said...

Love all your projects Anne, especially the house and the ickle birdies, do prefer the hessian, and what a great job you did too.

lotsa love
Tx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lovely pages, especially love the December colours- messy? nooooo! Brilliant houses and birdies too! Going to Christmas market for my wreath - yours looks lovely!
Hope you are keeping warm! Chrisx

Kimberly Gruber said...

calendar looks great. By the way, I LOVE your fabric house and your birds!

Hels Sheridan said...

hey anne... just popping in to say HAPPY CHRISTMAS!! Hope you have a lovely time and a great 2012 xxx